Sunday 9 August 2020

5 Series on my 2020 TBR


Like any other reader and blogger, I have way too many books on my TBR. Some that have been on there for years and some that have just recently been added. It's a problem.
Too many books, yet so little time (never mind the fact that I procrastinate too much and have a huge love for rereading my favourite books for comfort, therefore my TBR only ever goes up and never down)

I have discovered that if I write and post a tweet on Twitter stating what my next read(s) will be, I am way more likely to actually follow through and read the book. I don't know why, but it just works.

So that's what I'm going to do here! I narrowed down my TBR to series and then after a LOT of deliberation, I picked the top 5 series I am most excited to get to and feel like I would enjoy the most. Some of these are finished series, some still have books to come.


Lets get to it:

1.) The Daevabad Trilogy by S.A. Chakraborty

City of Brass has been on my TBR since 2017. Before the first book even released. That's 3 years, and I still haven't read it! Everyone I've spoken to has loved this trilogy so much; the world building is apparently amazing, the writing and storytelling intricate, so I have a feeling I'll enjoy this trilogy too. I'm putting this first on my list because it's going to be the first series out of these 5 that I'm going to read!

 

2.) The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang

Here is another series that's been on my TBR for a couple of years now and that everyone hypes and loves. The Poppy War is supposedly dark, like real DARK and based on Chinese history and war. The author herself describes it as 'Avatar the Last Airbender, but darker and more fucked-up' and I'm here for it! The final book comes out in November, so I think that's the perfect time for me to read these books and get absolutely destroyed by them!

 

3.) Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

I have a feeling that Falling Kingdoms is going to be one of those series that I can whizz through so quickly and binge all within a week. It’s been so long since I’ve binge read a 3+ book fantasy series like this, so I’m kind of in the mood for it. And I have heard some great things about this book (about Magnus mainly…) so this is one I definitely hope to pick up soon!

 

4.) The Bridge Kingdom by Danielle L. Jensen

This one has been on my TBR near enough from the start of 2020, but I put off reading it because I wanted to wait until the sequel came out so I could read them both back-to-back. The Bridge Kingdom is New-Adult Fantasy, with enemies to lovers, which is already a win in my eyes, but with a tagline like 'What if you fell in love with the one person you'd sworn to destroy?' I know I just have to read this book soon!

 

5.) The Green Bone Saga by Fonda Lee

I think part of me has been living under a rock, because I only recently discovered Jade City, even though it was released back in 2017. I saw it on Twitter and thought it sounded pretty interesting, so I looked it up on Goodreads. It was described as a ‘Godfather-esque’ fantasy, and honestly, that’s all I needed to hear for this series to appear on my TBR. How incredible does a Mafia x Fantasy mix sound?!

 ðŸ•®ðŸ•®ðŸ•®ðŸ•®ðŸ•®

And there we have it! 5 series I want to read, or at least start before the end of 2020. This is only a very small portion of my overall TBR, so hopefully I can get to them all, or at least a few of them. And fingers crossed they become new favourites!

Let me know if any of these are on your TBR or if you've read and enjoyed any of them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment