Saturday 12 March 2016

Blue Lily, Lily Blue - Review




Book Review:
Title: Blue Lily, Lily Blue
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic

"Blue was perfectly aware that it was possible to have a friendship that wasn't all-encompassing, that wasn't blinding, deafening, maddening, quickening. It was just that now that she'd had this kind, she didn't want the other.”

 Read my review for the The Raven Boys (1st in series) HERE and my review for The Dream Thieves (2nd in series) HERE

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs. The trick with found things, though, is how easily they can be lost. Friends can betray. Mothers can disappear. Visions can mislead. Certainties can unravel.

Blue Lily, Lily Blue has definitely topped the series for me (though that could change after The Raven King.) It was a great fast-paced read which I was pleasantly surprised to find, as if you have read my reviews for the previous books I stated that I found the story to drag in some places. But not in this book! I literally flew through this book and even read about half of the book in one sitting. Then unfortunately real life caught up to me and I had to wait until the next day to finish it.

But anyways, back to the point, I loved this book! It had everything I wanted and more. We got more Noah. We got more swoon-worthy Bue & Gansey scenes. And something I didn't think I wanted but now crave more of, Ronan & Adam. At the end of the second book we get a little hint that Ronan may have feelings for Adam, so whenever those two were together in this book I found myself becoming more and more invested in their relationship. I'm not ashamed to say, I SHIP IT!

Also although this book is the shortest of the series, it's definitely the most action packed. There was never a dull moment, every new chapter held a new adventure whether it was with the core Raven gang or the ladies of 300 fox way or even Greenmantle and the Gray man. Every perspective was fun and enjoyable to read. Though I must admit, there were some parts that really hit me emotionally, so much so I think I may have shed a tear or two. But it was definitely worth the tears and it's preparing me for the sob fest that I know is going to come in the finale (please don't let Gansey die! I'm too emotionally invested.)

My favourite part of the story was pretty much the last 100 or so pages. Everything was building up, major plot points were revealed and my anxiety levels were through the roof. I didn't know if I was going to make it.

I think the book ended perfectly, it leaves you with some questions answered but mostly just anticipation for the finale, The Raven King, to wrap everything up. (Once again, please don't let Gansey die!)

4.5 Stars
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment